Mortar joints on your masonry surfaces will eventually get damaged because of the weather or due to excessive amounts of water exposure. Brittle and weak mortar can eventually let water seep into the home causing a lot of serious and expensive damages.
Brick and stone surfaces will typically last for about 100 years, while the mortar will last for a much shorter amount of time depending on the amount of sunlight and moisture exposure. In our experience, the material between bricks and stones usually lasts for about 25 years on average.
Tuckpointing from A&M Home Services saves homeowners the time and money involved with replacing the masonry structures entirely, and instead focuses solely on the joints between surfaces.
- Old mortar is ground up to a level and even depth
- Red mortar is used to fill in new grooves
- Thin strips are cut into the new mortar
- Strips are filled in with a mortar color that matches with the original color
- Much more cost-effective than replacement
- Helps to prevent water from getting into the home
- Future corrosion of the joints is stopped
- Masonry materials are restored to their original condition
- Value and curb appeal of your home improve
Call us today for more information, or to make an appointment for a free estimate.
What Our Customers Say About Us
Chimney Repair and Roofing in Granger, IN
The provider fixed a chimney leak because the flashing around the chimney was installed incorrectly. They quoted within a couple of days for both chimney repair and roofing. We paid a small deposit and they… Read more “Chimney Repair and Roofing in Granger, IN”
Replacing Skylights and Roof Shingles in South Bend, IN
Jesse and his staff are very friendly and the work is to be completed soon. Th project involved replacing 2 failed skylights, and the shingles around them. ( Skylights had to be ordered first.) He… Read more “Replacing Skylights and Roof Shingles in South Bend, IN”